Beckham still has England hopes

الأحد، 12 سبتمبر 2010 - 15:52

كتب : وكالات

انجلترا بيكام امريكا

English veteran David Beckham, who has just returned from injury, says he is seeking to get back on the international stage.

The 35-year-old got back in action with Los Angeles Galaxy after a six-month layoff, when he came on as a substitute in Saturday's 3-1 victory over Columbus Crew in the Major League Soccer.

Last month, England manager Fabio Capello said Beckham is too old to feature for the Three Lions in the ongoing EURO 2012 qualifying stage.

However, the former England and Manchester United star believes Capello could still have a change of heart.

"I'd like to be available to play for England," Beckham told Sky Sports. "If I'm fit then I'm sure the (England) manager will consider me."

Beckham was set to be part of England's squad for the 2010 World Cup but missed out on the quadrennial competition after suffering an achilles tendon damage while playing for AC Milan in March.

After reaching full recovery, Beckham admitted he once feared he might have to hang up his boots.

"As positive a person as I am when I did the injury there are doubts that go through your mind. 'Am I ever going to play again?'" he said.

"When you have a serious injury like this it does cross your mind."

التعليقات
قد ينال إعجابك