The Whites have a chance to avenge their embarrassing 2008 defeat when they re-clash with the lower division side on Friday.
“We will field the regular side against Bani Obeid. There is no intention of trying new players,” Zamalek second man Tarek Soliman told FilGoal.com.
“Cup matches usually witness surprises and the manager (Hossam Hassan) is not willing to take any chances.”
Kone staying
Meanwhile, striker out-of-favor striker Abou Kone had an offer from Sudanese champions Hilal turned down, despite being third-choice for Hassan.
“Hilal approached me to know if I can join them in January, but Zamalek rejected the offer,” the Ivorian said.
“They made a loan bid and even offered to buy me permanently, but the manager refused.”
Zamalek signed Kone from Military Production in the summer, but the robust striker failed to live up to the expectations so far.
نرشح لكم
الزمالك يختتم تحضيراته لمواجهة الاتحاد السكندري في الدوري
بالأرقام - بعد حجب القميص 1.. قائمة الزمالك للموسم الجديد
حسام حسن وإيبوكا على رأس قائمة الاتحاد السكندري لمواجهة الزمالك
تعديل موعد مباراة الأهلي وسموحة في الجولة الثالثة من الدوري
"5 نجوم ذهبية".. الزمالك يعلن زيه الأساسي للموسم الجديد
المقاولون العرب يضم خالد عبد الفتاح على سبيل الإعارة
دوري المحترفين - ريمونتادا المنصورة أمام بلدية المحلة.. والحرس يفوز على وي في الجولة الأولى
الأهلي يعلن موعد ومكان خضوع بلعمري لجراحة الرباط الصليبي











