The Egyptian FA firmly denied that several Algerian players were injured upon the team's arrival in Cairo on Thursday to face Egypt in the World Cup qualifiers.
Algeria sports minister Hachemi Djiar said earlier in the day that some Egyptian fans, who gathered at Cairo airport, threw stones at the team's bus to injure members of the visiting delegation.
Rafik Saifi, Rafik Halliche and Khaled Lemmouchia were reported to have sustained facial injuries.
"All Algeria players are safe. They were not hurt," EFA board member Mahmoud Taher told FilGoal.com.
"Algeria are trying to blow things out of proportion. The bus is damaged from inside, so it is obvious that they were the ones who did that to escalate the matter.
"(World governing body) FIFA have not contacted Egypt as recently reported, and there aren't any intentions to call off the game."
Khairi Morsi, the Egyptian driver who drove Algeria's bus, said the visiting team assaulted him.
"They also shattered the windows from inside when they saw some Egyptian people around the bus," he told Modern Sport.
The build up to the anticipated encounter has been marred by repeated verbal spats between both sides.
Egypt need to beat Algeria by a three-goal margin at Cairo Stadium on Saturday to qualify directly for next year's World Cup finals in South Africa.
A win by a two-goal margin will set up a playoff meeting with the Desert Foxes in Sudan on Wednesday.